Thursday 17 January 2013

New Year, new start!

Well that was a longer break than I intended!

I have not been completely idle however!  I have simply turned my intentions on my mental although and family for a while!  I have gotten some hobbying in however.  I have assembled 2k worth of Chaos Iron Warriors which I am busy painting before moving on to anything else which is proving quite difficult at the moment!

See for a while I have been toying with the idea of using Dark Angels as the basis of my Executioners.  The Executioners have never struck me as a Codex chapter, and while Pedro and Lysander can give that stubborn feeling, it was never quite enough for me.

The one part that drew me to the DA's more than anything else was the parallels I could draw between the Death Wings Native American influences and Dorns frozen home world of Inwit.

So using the Inuit as a rough basis I came up with a background for the peoples that the Executioners recruit from.  I will put this in another post as it is rather long.  It is intended as a piece of fiction to fit within the 40k grim dark universe an no offence to anyone, or anyone's culture is intended. (Not that I think it is offensive or puts a negative view on beliefs or mythology, but for the sake of being PC, I apologise if you are offended)

No comments:

Post a Comment